Sunday, September 6, 2015

Namaskar

In almost every yoga class I have taken, and any that I have taught... we bring our hands together over our hearts. In this moment, this gesture is so familiar that at times, I have been disconnected from the depth of the experience. This repetitive motion seems almost mechanical. When I wake to this state within myself I remember the sacredness of prayer. The truth in the vibration of it. The infinite power to create that comes in this moment. 

When I bring my hands together in the position of a prayer placed over my heart I unite the creative forces of feminine and masculine currents running through the left and right sides of my body, connecting them together in balance. In one gentle movement merging action and receptivity.

Standing in Tadasana, the mountain energy rises within me. The strength of being both utterly grounded and towering in the sky. I open my heart to receive. I open my hands dropping all that I have carried, all that I was clinging to, I set it all down so that I can be here. In this moment. With the breath moving into my chest, filling and expanding my heartcenter, I gather energy. My hands floating up towards the heavens, pulling the energy in through the center of each palm. My attention moving towards this gathering of energy, I have been sending out so much of it into the world, scattered chaotic, captured by the senses, dispersing it where I deem it is needed.. and this moment is my prayer to gather what is needed, to bring that energy, the infinite abundant energy back to the source, to the center.




I AM centered in this prayerful pause. I allow it to be simple. As simple as 'Let me be present in this moment' Drawing in. Drawing inside. Drawing intention, attention inside. Centering. Feeling this, NOW. Feeling the transition from shifting to settled in stillness....no longer any movement. I am not drawing away from, I am not leaning forward or reaching behind.  I am not Centering. I AM Centered.

Focus HERE. Breath by breath. Inside of each NOW. I connect body to mind to consciousness. spirit. Love. Light. Heartbeating the current, the energy of God. Nothing lingering. not even the breath. This moment is my prayer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment